Letter to Anderson Federation of Teachers about the Modern Decline

Hello,

God's Earth shines, and little minds should too. I recently asked ChatGPT why the teaching methods of the past couldn't be brought back, and it gave its usual thorough set of answers. It got me thinking about teachers' associations. My search led me to you.

I wonder if organizations like this one do enough for these types of struggles. My search online listed many articles about the Anderson Federation of Teachers; all of them were about money! It's important, but not the most important thing.

ChatGPT informed me (so I informed myself, right? ...because I own its output, as though I rigorously researched anything. I wonder if it gave me wrong information? ...too busy to find out, which is why it's so helpful. Isn't it?) <ahem>

ChatGPT informed me that the focus on regimented testing, lack of materials, and policymakers' disconnection from the deeper problems of learning all contribute to the problem of teaching children how to think. It's sad. Is it illegal? ...Well, before that, what little things can the proactive teacher do to help without the need for these externalities? There are some things, but the 'research' system I used also said that teachers themselves didn't know how to teach like they did in decades past. So, that's where I suggest your people start. It doesn't have to replace anything. It can augment it instead. I want to list things about personal authority to discover and the modern sources that dampen the will to try. There are fundamental things that are so pervasive, they might not be too noticeable, even by the highly educated.

Advocate for teaching while you're advocating for teachers, please.

Jeremy Bickel, Christian Concerned Citizen

Comments

Popular Posts

What the Church Should Know and Do

The Problem of Evil

A Special Forces Demon Attack in a Dream

Notes on Paw Creek Video about Heresy in TBN

The Semantic Trickery in the 'Bring the War Home' Book Blurb

Analysis for a Baby Christian - On Women Pastors

Countering the Concept that the Bible Does Not Help with Everything in Modern Life

Answers about Gender Dysphoria

ChatGPT on Other Gospels

Dirty Righteousness